Consent to Travel Documents

Consent to Travel Documents in Toronto, Canada  – Travel Consent Letter for Minors

Do you need a travel permission letter for a minor in Canada?

If an individual is below 18 years of age and wants to travel across international borders alone or with only one parent or another adult, then the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) strongly recommends that they have their parents’ consent for each and every such trip abroad. A notarized letter of consent to travel is proof of such consent.

A simple letter or consent form that has not been notarized by a licensed notary public may be rejected by border officials due to the fact that such letters or forms can be easily forged. In order that the validity of the letter be unquestionable, the DFAIT recommends that the consent letter be certified, stamped and sealed by an official who has the authority to administer an oath or solemn declaration (i.e. a commissioner for oaths, notary public, lawyer, etc.). A notary public at Notarizers can notarize this consent document for you.

This consent letter may be necessitated by foreign authorities among other additional country-specific entry requirements. Granting permission to enter another country is the sole prerogative of that country. Hence, you should contact the representatives of the country or countries to be visited by the child, to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding their specific entry requirements.

It is also strongly recommended that you contact the transportation company including airline, train, bus, and others, in order to observe any additional policies that they might have in place.

Instances under which you should consider having a notarized consent to travel document:

  • If a minor is traveling with only one parent, the absent parent is expected to provide notarized consent.
  • If a minor is traveling alone or is accompanied by an adult other than a parent then either both parents or the sole documented custodial parent must provide notarized consent.
  • If a minor child has only one parent as evidenced by its birth certificate, a notarized copy of the birth certificate or the original will be sufficient proof allowing the child to travel with the named parent.



  • Other documents may be required in addition to notarized consent documents. Visit the DFAIT’s website before you travel, to ensure that you have all of your necessary documentation.
  • The parent(s) granting consent must attend the notary public’s office with valid photo identification. Hence, ensure you come with your valid photo identification when you come to Notarizers for this and other notarization services.


Child Travel Consent Form

Kindly complete and submit the following information form. A staff member of Notarizers will contact you to schedule an appointment, once the consent to travel document has been prepared.

Please do not sign any documents required to be notarized or commissioned until you have arrived at our offices, as we need to see you sign the document in person as required by law.

Do you know someone who needs a travel permission letter for minors? Book an appointment with Notarizers to get all the help you need regarding child travel consent letter in Canada.

Simply fill out the inquiry form from our website’s home page or email us at with your address and contact information, including email address. We will get back to you with further details of what to send to us.

    Child's Information

    Accompanying Person's Information


    If child is travelling without both parents, please complete Consenting Parents Information

    First Consenting Parent's Information

    Second Consenting Parent's Information

    Convenient Timing



    Notarizers charges a fee of $95 for drafting consent to travel document for when a child is traveling without one or both parents. This fee includes notarization

    For our price list and fees visit

    To set up an appointment and to find out more about our marriage abroad services, you can call us on 416-782-5926, or Toll Free: 1-888-672-7266.


    Business hours

    9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 1pm – 5pm on Saturdays or any other time by appointment.

    We work Monday to Saturdays and on holidays by appointment.

    Contact us:


    783 Lawrence Avenue West, 2nd Floor, Unit 10
    Toronto, Ontario M6A 1C2
    (Dufferin and Lawrence, Beside SleepCountry)
    (Entrance is in the Lane Way Beside the Barber Shop at 787)
    (South of Dufferin, East of Lawrence)
    Tel: 416-782-5926
    (Toll Free: 1.888.672.7266)
    Fax: 416-782-2286