Planning a foreign tour for your coming holidays? Have you finally got admission into the university of your dreams? Is your company sending you abroad to look after their newly opened plant or office? One factor lies common among these situations – the need for official documents and authentication of documents. Consulates and embassies, universities and colleges ask for certificates and other documents which have been verified by legally appointed authority in the country of origin of the applicant. Thus, those traveling from Canada will be expected to get their authentication of documents Canada done.
Legalization of documents Canada can be done for the following:
- Birth certificates
- Adoption certificates
- Marriage or divorce certificates
- Property ownership documents
- Admission papers, grade sheets and transcripts for schools, colleges and universities
- Import and export documents
- Business documents
- Partnership, incorporation, fiscal matters, product standards and distribution documents
- Customs approval certificates
- Official government documents
The process of authentication is as follows:
- First you need to get in touch with the respective authority (the one who will be receiving the documents, such as the Embassy or the Consulate) and find out their requirements
- After you have taken affidavits in Ontario, you need to get the documents notarized by a notary public or commissioned by a commissioner
- Documents which are more than 7 mm or a quarter inch thick have to be punched in the upper left corner for attaching the authentication certificate
- Include the fee required for authentication and legalization. Payment is accepted through cash, certified cheque, all major debit and credit cards and money order.
- The request for authentication has to be mailed to the organization performing the work or delivered to their address in person.
Authentication of documents is conducted by comparing the seal and sign on the document against the information provided on the file given by the notary public or commissioner for taking the affidavits. You have to ensure the following for successful completion of authentication process:
- All parts of the signature and seal of the notary public or commissioner is visible clearly on a single page of the document
- The notary public or commissioner providing the signature and seal is duly authorized
- The name, signature, seal or stamp is similar to the one on the file
Each document you provide for purposes of authentication will be attached with a Certificate of Authentication. The process will stop at any point if the payment is not on time, information is missing or signatures and seals do not match.