How to Apply for a Permanent Residency Card in Canada?

According to recent surveys, Canada is one of the most desired countries to live in. The thousand job opportunities along with its scenic views, interesting cities make it a thriving country to live in. Quarter of a million people from different parts of the world each year migrate to Canada in order to become Canadian Citizens.

The first step in becoming a Canadian citizen is by obtaining a permanent resident status by submitting a residency application that can only be achieved after receiving a Permanent Resident (PR) card. The ways and methods to qualify for this card are:

  • By being a Skilled Worker and Professional.
  • By being a Quebec Skilled Worker and Professional.
  • By Canadian Experience Class.
  • By becoming an Investor, Entrepreneur and a Self-Employed Person.
  • By becoming Provincial Nominees.
  • By Sponsoring the Family.
  • By getting married to a Canadian Citizen.

A person has to live and work in Canada for at least 2 years before he can submit Canadian permanent resident application for a permanent residency card. By doing so, it helps the government in evaluating the applicant who wants to obtain the PR status. Once the card is made, the applicant is asked to be in Canada for the next 3 years thus completing the 5-year period citizenship requirement. The ways to apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) card are:

1. Gathering Primary Documents:

  • A valid passport or travel document, OR
  • Passport or travel document that was being held at the time of being a permanent resident
  • Including passport’s page that was stamped while arriving at Canada.

2. Gathering Secondary Documents:

  • Photocopies of all pages of all passports that was held in the past five (5) years, and
  • Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years
  • Valid provincial photo-identity card
  • Valid provincial driver’s license

3. A copy of one of the following:

  • Other Income Tax assessments that was issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, OR
  • Written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years for all school-going children.

4. Photographs:

  • Two photos in a small envelope taken within 6 months of the date of the application

5. Complete the Application:

  • Completing the application form that is needed in order to receive the card.

6. Paying of the Fees:

  • Paying the fees needed for the issue of the PR card.

7. Mailing the Application:

  • Mailing the application in a stamped envelope with the given address.


If you want to obtain your permanent residency card in Canada without hassles, then opt for the best legal assistance in Canada. For this, you need not to go far. Contact Notarizers today, who are undoubtedly the best in the town. We are equipped with the best professional legal personnel who will guide you to your desired destination in the most convenient and affordable way. To get more about Notarizers just log to

Victor Opara

5 Reasons to Have Your Fingerprints Taken

In the context of 21st century world, it is true that security is a big thing. You need to secure everything to be sure that you are not vulnerable to any kind of threats. One way of doing this is by registering your fingerprints with the appropriate agency in your country.

When it comes to international fingerprinting services, Canada, Notarizers is making a good progress. With the best quality service and secured database, you are sure of the fact that all your accounts and identity are secured in the most appropriate manner.

If you are wondering why you should to register your fingerprint with your country, the following are some of the reason:


Many organizations or corporations need their employees and volunteers to be fingerprinted in order to know the employee better and to see whether they hold a record under the Department Of Justice of any police force such as the FBI or RCMP. Moreover fingerprinting is done to know whether the person whose fingerprints are taken is the person he actually claims to be.

2.Foreign Travel, Passports, Work Permits, Visas:

If any person wants to visit or work in other countries, a fingerprint of that person is needed just to see if that person holds any sort of criminal record.

3.Citizenship, Permanent Resident & Immigration Applicants:

People who want to apply for Canadian citizenship, permanent residence or those immigrating to Canada must provide their fingerprints in order to clear themselves from the hassle of a criminal record.

4.International Adoption Applicants:

If anyone wants to adopt a child from a foreign country then they are requested to prevent their fingerprints so that there can be a search, which must show a criminal-free record of the person who is actually adopting the child.

5.Security License:

There are some provincial regulations that require individuals in security related positions to provide a criminal record check with fingerprints in order to complete the application process.

Now the question lies is how to successfully register your fingerprint with the country’s database? It must be secure and safe, and to ensure this you need to get one of the best international fingerprinting services in Canada, which will assure you secure data collection and storing.

When it comes to taking fingerprinting services, Notarizers is the one for you in Canada. We have the most efficient experts who are very professional in what they do. We will assure you the safe and secure data collection of your fingerprints and will give you the best of services in the most affordable price. Know more on us by just visiting our website or call  us at 416-782-5926.

Victor Opara

3 Easy Ways To Help Notarize Travel Papers For Minors

Long before summer begins, numerous families start planning for vacationing abroad. It is advisable to start the planning stage well in advance, especially for going overseas, as there are quite a few formalities to be sorted out prior to the commencement of the journey. Do not be surprised if you are asked for notarization of documents for a child.

As indicated by the Department of Homeland Security in the United States and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), if a kid is voyaging abroad with one parent, the other parent or guardian must supply a letter of authorization consenting to the other parent to travel with the child and make medical decisions that might be required during the trip. In the event that the kid is going with a grown-up other than his/her parents or guardians, both the parents must give written consent. These travel consent letters for the minors need to be notarized. Continue reading