According to recent surveys, Canada is one of the most desired countries to live in. The thousand job opportunities along with its scenic views, interesting cities make it a thriving country to live in. Quarter of a million people from different parts of the world each year migrate to Canada in order to become Canadian Citizens.
The first step in becoming a Canadian citizen is by obtaining a permanent resident status by submitting a residency application that can only be achieved after receiving a Permanent Resident (PR) card. The ways and methods to qualify for this card are:
- By being a Skilled Worker and Professional.
- By being a Quebec Skilled Worker and Professional.
- By Canadian Experience Class.
- By becoming an Investor, Entrepreneur and a Self-Employed Person.
- By becoming Provincial Nominees.
- By Sponsoring the Family.
- By getting married to a Canadian Citizen.
A person has to live and work in Canada for at least 2 years before he can submit Canadian permanent resident application for a permanent residency card. By doing so, it helps the government in evaluating the applicant who wants to obtain the PR status. Once the card is made, the applicant is asked to be in Canada for the next 3 years thus completing the 5-year period citizenship requirement. The ways to apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) card are:
1. Gathering Primary Documents:
- A valid passport or travel document, OR
- Passport or travel document that was being held at the time of being a permanent resident
- Including passport’s page that was stamped while arriving at Canada.
2. Gathering Secondary Documents:
- Photocopies of all pages of all passports that was held in the past five (5) years, and
- Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years
- Valid provincial photo-identity card
- Valid provincial driver’s license
3. A copy of one of the following:
- Other Income Tax assessments that was issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, OR
- Written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years for all school-going children.
- Two photos in a small envelope taken within 6 months of the date of the application
5. Complete the Application:
- Completing the application form that is needed in order to receive the card.
6. Paying of the Fees:
- Paying the fees needed for the issue of the PR card.
7. Mailing the Application:
- Mailing the application in a stamped envelope with the given address.
If you want to obtain your permanent residency card in Canada without hassles, then opt for the best legal assistance in Canada. For this, you need not to go far. Contact Notarizers today, who are undoubtedly the best in the town. We are equipped with the best professional legal personnel who will guide you to your desired destination in the most convenient and affordable way. To get more about Notarizers just log to www.notarizers.ca