Making sure that you fit the Canadian passport requirements while renewing your passport abroad may indeed be tough. The Canadian government has gone on to simplify this entire process. All you need to do is follow the next few steps mentioned here to make that passport renewal all too easy abroad and not worry so much.
You don’t have to spend dollars and travel back to Canada to get the renewal done. You do need 2 passport sized photographs and then need to visit a passport office with the old passport (it should be valid till the date). You need to know that the rules for expired passports is a lot different and you also do not have to hunt guarantors or even submit proof of citizenship.
Here are some steps you need to take to make sure the Canadian passport renewal is done effortless and hassle free:
- You should download the PPTC040 application form before you renew your passport while staying abroad. You should fill the necessary fields and give references and an address history.
- If you do not have a guarantor, don’t fret over it. You must fill in another form that is available at the local embassy or consulate. This form cannot be downloaded. This form requires you to furnish, 5 years of employment or education history. You need to provide the company or the school name along with the communication details such as the phone number. You also need to provide your address history for the last 5 years. After this, provide 2 references who know you and these cannot be family members.
- Get new photos and furnish your birth certificate. You should wait till you get a file number on your application after you have applied for your passport renewal.
- Have some cash in hand as chances are that you need to pay in cash for the renewal so keep that handy.
- Finally, get to the nearest Canadian embassy in the city or the town you are in a different country. After you have furnished all the documents required and mentioned before, you need to take a receipt and then choose the option of mail or physical carriage of your passport from the consulate itself. The processing times vary from 2 to 3 weeks and you pay extra for speedy delivery just in case you choose to do so. When in doubt do not hesitate to call the embassy or even send an email to concerned authorities.
To know more about Canadian passport requirements, contact Victor Opara at 416-782-5926.